Moving ahead financially means letting go of the things from our past that no longer serve us.
When I educate people on investment advice I often refer to the dress in my closet that still has the price tag and that I have never worn. It is a dress that has been in my closet for 10 years and it just brings on feelings of guilt when I see it. I often push it to the back and tell myself I will deal with it later.
What does this have to do with money advice? Well, often I see people that have a mediocre investment that has underperformed for a long period of time. When I ask them to tell me about this investment, they can’t remember when or why they have it.
This is where decluttering comes in.
We need to declutter our money and our life so that the two can work harmoniously with one another.
I’ve put together a few things you can do to declutter and create more space for your money!
Your Declutter to Create Abundance Checklist
- Clean your purse or wallet out. I honestly can’t tell you how good this feels!
- Delete your newsletter subscriptions that no longer feed your soul.
- Go through your unopened mail and sort it out.
- Clean your fridge. Yes, this actually does help!
- Go through your closets and clean out the items you no longer use and sell them.
- Consolidate your numerous bank accounts that have $5 balances but cost you monthly fees.
- Create or declutter your home office space. Make this space free from clutter and create a positive energy for your finances here.
I want to hear from you! Share one thing with me that you can do to declutter to make more room right now!
JOIN THE FREE 5-DAY HEART OF YOUR MONEY CHALLENGE HERE
If you’d like some extra support in starting your intentional journey with money, you can sign up for my FREE 5-Day Heart of Your Money here.